Compassionate Care While You Sleep
Nishan-E-Abbas Ashary, M.D.
Education and Post-Graduate Training
- MB, BS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) Dow Medical College, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
- Rotational Internship, (6 months Internal Medicine and 6 months General Surgery), Dow Medical College/Civil Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
- Resident Medical Officer, Cardiac and General Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
- Anesthesiology Residency, Texas Tech Health Science Center, Lubbock, Texas
- Cardiovascular Anesthesiology Fellowship, Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas
- Critical Care Fellowship, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Assistant Pediatric Professor, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas, 8/2008 – Present
- Attending Anesthesiologist, Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas, 8/2008 – Present
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society of Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular Anesthesiologists
- Intravascular Radiation Therapy to Prevent Post Angioplasty Restenosis. Study approved by the University of Colorado, 1997 – 1998.
- UKCCR Randomized Trial of Adjuvant Endocrine and Chemotherapy in Women with Early Breast Cancer. A Multi-center Study. Participated at the National Cancer Institute, Karachi, Pakistan, 1997.
- A Stratified Phase II Trial of Docetaxel (Taxoterene) as Second Line Chemotherapy in Patients with Anthracycline Resistant Metastatic Breast Cancer. National Cancer Institute, Karachi, Pakistan, 1997.
- Phase II Study of Gemcitabine in Stage II and Stage IV Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. National Cancer Institute, Karachi, Pakistan, 1997.
- Open Label, Multi-Center Study of Second Line Intravenous Topotician Given as Five Daily Doses Every 21 Days in Adult Patients with Advanced Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. Study 107 and 302 at the national Cancer Institute, Karachi, Pakistan, 1997.
- Ashary N, Kaye AD, Hegazi AR, Frost EA: Anesthetic considerations in the patient with a heart transplant. Review. Heart Disease 4(3):191-8, 2002.
- Ashary N, Kaye A: Pre-operative assessment of patients with transplanted heart undergoing a non-cardiac surgery. Anesthesiology News, Sept./Oct., 2000.
Location & Contact
6431 Fannin Street,
Houston, Texas 77030
- Nishan-E-Abbas Ashary, M.D.
- The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
6431 Fannin Street, MSB 5.020
Houston, Texas 77030
- e-mail: Nishan.Ashary@uth.tmc.edu