Regional Anesthesia Fellowship
A twelve-month program in partnership with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center is one of the largest Level One trauma centers in the nation, thereby allowing this regional program to emphasize all aspects of regional anesthesia. The fellow will be exposed to various types of peripheral nerve blocks, as well as placement of indwelling catheters for postoperative pain management using both nerve stimulation and 2D ultrasound. The program will be a one-year (12 month) fellowship.
The fellow will rotate between four major hospitals:
- Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital (LBJ)
The LBJ rotation will be the advanced regional rotation specializing in all types of nerve blocks and management of acute pain services.
- Hermann Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC)
The ASC rotation will allow the fellow to learn how to place high quality, efficiently placed blocks to keep with the pace of the surgical center.
- Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center (MH-TMC)
The MH-TMC rotation will be a leadership rotation where the fellow will help train residents and lead acute pain rounds under the guidance of the attending physician.
- Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital (CMMH)
The CMMH exposes the fellow to management of pediatric acute pain as well as understanding the complexities of pediatric peri neural nerve blocks.
The goals of the regional fellowship are to provide:
- a broad based advanced educational experience in the field of pediatric and adult regional anesthesia
- didactic material to supplement and enhance the clinical exposure
- well supervised clinical training in a variety of major pediatric and adult regional anesthesia procedures
- Fellows an environment to improve their clinical skills
- Fellows with training in peripheral nerve blocks and thoracic and lumbar neur-axial blocks
- Fellows with post operative pain management training
- Fellows with training in acute pain management
- Fellows with opportunity to initiate and participate in research projects
- Fellows with the skills required to present lecture topics at a professional level
- Fellows with a graded increase in clinical responsibilities
- Completion of fellowship application with photograph
- Current CV
- Personal statement
- Dean's Letter
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
Please send the application materials to:
Regional Anesthesia Fellowship Program
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
6431 Fannin, Suite 5.196
Houston, TX 77030
The University of Texas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Location & Contact
6431 Fannin Street,
Houston, Texas 77030