- Congratulations to Kari Brewer for being inducted into Sigma Xi scientific research honorary as an associate member and also for winning the 2011 Shohrae Hajibashi Memorial Leadership Award.
- Congratulations to Anu Rambhadran for winning 1st place in the John P. McGovern Award for Presentation Skills sponsored by GSBS.
- Mesias Pedroza (Blackburn laboratory) won 2nd place in the 2011 GSEC poster competition. 2010 winners were Yang Zhou (Blackburn lab) and Anu Rambhadran (Jayaraman lab).
- Anu Rambhadran, a BMB graduate student in Dr. Jayaraman's lab won the highly competitive 2010 President's Research Scholarship from GSBS. Past winners from the BMB program have been Yong Zhou from Dr. Blackburn's lab (2009) and Xi Mo from Dr. Renhao Li's lab (2007).
- Congratulations to Dr. Xu Wang (Putkey lab) for being one of the two winners of the UT postdoctoral travel award and Anu Rambhadran (Jayaraman lab) for obtaining a travel award from the Biophysical Society, where less than 10% of the applicants are awarded.
- Nader Ezzeddine won 1st place in the postdoctoral candidate category and Anu Rambhadran won 2nd place in the graduate student category in the 17th annual poster competition of the Neuroscience Research Center at UT-Houston.
- Kari Brewer (Chun Li laboratory) received the 2008-2009 Andrew Sowell and Wade Huggins Scholarship in Cancer Research.