Sirunya Silapunt, MD, RPhS
M.D., Chulalongkorn University , Bangkok, Thailand
Fellowship in Phlebology (vein treatment), Laser, and Dermatologic Procedures, Charlotte, NC
Residency in Dermatology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX
Internship in Internal Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago/Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, IL
Residency in Dermatology, Ramathibodi hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Internship in Internal Medicine, Ramathibodi hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
American Board of Dermatology
American Board of Phlebology
Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS)
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Varicose vein treatment
- Laser procedures
- Soft tissue augmentation and Botox injection
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Treatment of Leg Veins, 2nd edition, Editors: Murad Alam and Sirunya Silapunt. Elsevier 2010.
- Munavalli GS, Silapunt S, Weiss RA. Sclerotherapy and Laser Vein Treatment. The Art of Aesthetic Surgery: Principles and Techniques. In Nahai, Foad. Second edition. 2011.
- Silapunt S, Goldberg LH. Repair of the split earlobe, ear piercing and earlobe reduction. In: Robinson JK, Hanke CW, Siegel DM, Sengelmann RD, 2nd edition. Surgery of the Skin: Procedural Dermatology, Elsevier Mosby, London, 2010
- Silapunt S, Chon SY. Generalized necrobiotic xanthogranuloma successfully treated with lenalidomide. J Drugs Dermatol 2010;9(3):273-6.
- Silapunt S, Peterson SR, Goldberg LH. Squamous cell carcinoma of the auricle and Mohs micrographic surgery. Dermatol Surg 2005;31(11 Pt 1):1423-7.
- Silapunt S, Peterson SR, Goldberg LH, Friedman PM, Alam M. Basal cell carcinoma on the vermilion lip: A study of 18 cases. J Am Acad Dermatol 2004 Mar;50(3):384-7.
- Silapunt S, Goldberg LH, Peterson SR, Gardner ES. Eyebrow reconstruction: options for reconstruction of cutaneous defects of the eyebrow. Dermatol Surg 2004 Apr;30(4 Pt 1):530-5; discussion 535.
- Silapunt S, Goldberg LH, Alam M. Topical and light-based treatments for actinic keratoses. Semin Cutan Med Surg 2003 Sep;22(3):162-70.
- Silapunt S, Peterson SR, Alcalay J, Goldberg LH. Mohs tissue mapping and processing: a survey study. Dermatol Surg 2003 Nov;29(11):1109-12; discussion 1112.
- Rogachefsky AS, Silapunt S, Goldberg DJ. Nd:YAG laser (1064 nm) irradiation for lower extremity telangiectases and small reticular veins: efficacy as measured by vessel color and size. Dermatol Surg 2002 Mar;28:220-3.
- Silapunt S, Goldberg DJ. Optimal Fluence and Skin Surface Temperature In Dermal Remodeling with the 1320 nm Nd:YAG Laser. Available from lasernews.net, July 2001.
- Goldberg DJ, Silapunt S. Hair Removal Using a Long-Pulse Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser: at fluences of 50, 80 and 100 J/cm2. Dermatol Surg 2001 May;27:434-6.
- Goldberg DJ, Silapunt S. Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser: Rhytide Improvement by Non-ablative Dermal Remodeling. J Cutan Laser Ther 2000;3:157-60.
Location & Contact
6655 Travis Street,
Houston, Texas 77030
- Sirunya Silapunt, MD, RPhS
- Assistant Professor
- Department of Dermatology
- The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
6655 Travis street #600
Houston, Texas 77030
- phone: (713) 500-8260
fax: (713) 524-3432