Valencia Thomas, M.D.
Valencia Thomas, M.D., attended Harvard College and earned an undergraduate degree in Biochemical Sciences. She then pursued a medical degree at the University of Chicago-Pritzker School of Medicine. After completing an internship in Reproductive Medicine at the University of California San Diego, she returned to Boston to pursue a research fellowship in Dermatology Clinical Trials at the Massachusetts General Hospital. She completed her residency training Harvard Medical School where she served as the Chief Resident of Education in her final year. After her specialty training, she completed a fellowship in Mohs and Dermatologic Surgery at the Oregon Health Science University and joined the faculty of Yale Medical School. Desiring a more in-depth knowledge of dermatopathology, she relocated to her home state of Texas and completed a fellowship in dermatopathology. She now serves on the faculty of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and M.D. Anderson Cancer Center as an Assistant Professor and is the Chief of Dermatology at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Hospital.
Dr. Thomas is a Diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology, an Associate in the American College of Mohs Surgery, and a Fellow in the American Academy of Dermatology. She is a member of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons, the Women's Dermatologic Society, the American Society of Dermatopathology, and the Harris County Medical Association.
- College- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Medical School - The University of Chicago-Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Internship - The University of California, San Diego, CA
- Clinical Trials Fellowship- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Residency - Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Mohs and Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship- Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR
- Dermatopathology Fellowship- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX
- Board Certification in Dermatology, Dermatopathology
- Mohs and Dermatosurgery Center, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Melanoma & Skin Cancer Center, M. D, Anderson Cancer Center
- Department of Dermatology, University of Texas at Houston Health Science Center
- Department of Dermatology, Lyndon Bains Johnson Hospital (Chief of Service)
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Cutaneous Oncology
- Laser and Surgical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
Location & Contact
6655 Travis Street,
Houston, Texas 77030
- Valencia Thomas, M.D.
- The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
6655 Travis, HMC 980
Houston, Texas 77030
- phone: (713) 500-8334