Dr. Boutwell Writes on Houston's Medical History
January 22, 2014
Center faculty member, Dr. Bryant Boutwell, has been busy writing articles and blogs on the subject of Houston's Medical History. Boutwell authors the UTHealth blog "'Bout Time" that features pieces on influential people in the Texas Medical Center.
Blog posts include:
- Ashbel Smith, MD, and The University of Texas System;
- Living Legend--Dr. James H. "Red" Duke, Jr.;
- George Hermann and his hospital;
- From forest to Texas Medical Center; and
- Houston's gift to humanity.
Dr. Boutwell is the author of the forthcoming book, John P. McGovern, MD: A Lifetime of Stories set to be released March 10, 2014. He will also be giving a lecture at the Annual John P. McGovern Lecture and Banquet on Dr. McGovern and the writing of his book. This lecture and banquet are sponsored by the Houston History of Medicine Society.
~ Angela Polczynski