Resident and Fellow Stipends
2014-2015 Academic Year
|*Effective date: 06/24/2014|
- Vacation: 2 weeks (14 days) for PGY 1 and 3 weeks (21 days) for PGY 2 and above per contract year
- Sick Leave: 12 working days per contract year with a rollover cap of 30 working days - sick leave accures 1 day per month
- Educational Leave: 7 days per contract year
Insurance Programs at no cost to resident
- Comprehensive medical care plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- $100,000 basic life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Dependent Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance available at group rates
- Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Paid and unpaid leaves of absence
- Tax-deferred annuity plans
- Uniforms & Badges at no cost
- Paid membership in Harris County Medical Society and The Texas Medical Association
Services and Support Groups
- Family Work/Life Program: This program offers assistance in balancing a resident's work and personal lives through a variety of services. Additional specific information is available at their website.
- Child Development Center: The Child Development Centeris designed to create a safe wholesome environment where children enjoy living and learning. A nurturing creative atmosphere conducive to fostering a balance of each child's social, physical, intellectual and emotional development is provided. Individuality is recognized and used as a base on which to encourage children to reach their maximum potential.
- Employee Assistance Program: The program offers services to help residents resolve problems in their personal lives that may affect performance in their Programs. Refer to the EAP website for specific services available.
- Recreation Center: The UTHSC-H Recreation Center offers a wide variety of quality facilities, equipment, and programs designed for health and fitness, as well as for fun and relaxation. Membership is open to all UT students, faculty, staff and families and affiliates, including Texas Medical Center institutions and UT Alumni. There are special rates for residents & fellows.