Salary and Benefits
Salary scale for UTH residents
- PGY-1 $46,739
- PGY-2 $48,489
- PGY-3 $49,801
- PGY-4 $51,812
- Vacation: 10 working days for PGY 1, 15 working days PGY 2 and above per contract year
- Sick Leave: 12 working days per contract year, rollover cap of 30 working days
- Educational Leave: 5 working days per contract year
Insurance Programs at no cost to resident
- Comprehensive medical care plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- $100,000 basic life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Dependent Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance available at group rates
- Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Paid and unpaid leaves of absence
- Tax-deferred annuity plans
- Uniforms & Badges at no cost
- Paid membership in Harris County Medical Society and The Texas Medical Association
Services and Support Groups
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston offers many services to assist you during your residency and/or fellowship training program.
Employee Assistance and Family Work/Life Program:
This program offers assistance in balancing a resident's work and personal lives through a variety of services. Additional specific information is available at their website
Child Development Center:
The Child Development Center is designed to create a safe wholesome environment where children enjoy living and learning. A nurturing creative atmosphere conducive to fostering a balance of each child's social, physical, intellectual and emotional development is provided. Individuality is recognized and used as a base on which to encourage children to reach their maximum potential.
The UTHSC-H Recreation Center:
The Recreation Center offers a wide variety of quality facilities, equipment, and programs designed for health and fitness, as well as for fun and relaxation. Membership is open to all UT students, faculty, staff and families and affiliates, including Texas Medical Center institutions and UT Alumni.
Shuttle Services: Any UTHealth student or employee presenting a university ID may ride the UTHealth Shuttle for free. Shuttle routes and schedules are available at their website.
University Housing: University Housing provides a well maintained quality living environment to promote the academic success of students, faculty, and staff of UTHSC-H. This housing is located within walking distance to BBSB and is on the UTHealth Shuttle route. Specific information is available on their website.
Location & Contact Info
Behavioral and Biomedical Sciences Building
1941 East Road
Houston, Texas 77054
713.486.2525 New Patients
Our affiliates include the following: