Location & Contact
6431 Fannin Street,
Houston, Texas 77030
PO Box 20708,
Houston, Texas 77225
The C.I.R.C.L.E. Toddler Positive Beginnings Kit
Introduction: Numerous studies have shown the need for structured education of toddlers. Unfortunately, how one should structure the educational materials, and what materials should be taught to toddlers is often a mystery. The Toddler Positive Beginnings Kit was developed by C.I.R.C.L.E. to provide toddlers with a specifically organized classroom set up and curriculum.
The Technology: This kit assists teachers and educators in providing an organized and productive environment. Teachers no longer need to spend hours drafting materials to hang in the classroom, or making up note cards. The materials are all included in the kit, and have been validated through research. Additionally, they are specifically tailored to the needs and developmental stage of a toddler.
Contents of the Kit: The C.I.R.C.L.E. Toddler Positive Beginnings Kit contains the following major components:
1. The Daily Schedule Chart: to keep the learning on track and teach toddlers routines.
2. The Classroom Helpers Chart: assigns tasks in order to foster responsibility.
3. The Home and School Attendance Chart: a handy reference for attendance.
4. The Center Management System: fosters language developments and decision making.
5. The Classroom Rules Poster: displays important rules for the class.
6. The Letter Wall: helps promote language development.
7. The Transition Book: contains four separate books and ideas for the teacher on how to demonstrate the books and facilitate learning form them.
8. Classroom Environment Labels: encourages language development through class wide labels.
(Note: Available in both Spanish and English Versions)
UTHSC-H Ref. No.: 2007-0033CR
Author(s): Susan Landry, Susan Gunnewig, Linda Morgan, Thomas Waxley, Beverly Reed, Rachel Aghara, and Ursula Johnson.