- Zhang RZ, Taucer A, Wang W, Gashevn AA, Muthuchamy M, Zawieja DC and Davis MJ. Unloaded shortening velocity of lymphatic muscle during spontaneous contractions and maximal activation (in prep).
- Zhang RZ, Hunter R. Gonzalez E, Moore FA. Poloxamer 188 prolongs survival of hypotensive resuscitation and decreases vital tissue edema after successful full resuscitation. Shock 2009 Feb 2. [Epub ahead of print].
- Zhang RZ, Gashev AA, Zawieja DC and Davis MJ. Length-dependence of lymphatic phasic contractile activity under isometric and isobaric conditions. Microcirculation 2007 Aug; 14(6):613-25.
- Zhang RZ, Gashev AA, Zawieja DC and Davis MJ. Length-tension relationships of small arteries, veins, and lymphatics from the rat mesenteric microcirculation. Am J Physiol 2007 Apr; 292(4):H1943-52. (PubMed)
- Zhang RZ, Yang Q, Yim APC and He GW. Role of NO and EDHF-mediated endothelial function in the porcine pulmonary circulation. Vascul Pharmacol. 2006 Jan; 44(3):183-91. (PubMed)
- Yang Q, Zhang RZ, Yim APC and He GW. Release of nitric oxide and endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor (EDHF) in porcine coronary arteries exposed to hyperkalemia: effect of nicorandil. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005 Jun; 79(6):2065-71. (PubMed)
- Zhang RZ, Yang Q, Yim APC and He GW. Alteration of cellular electrophysiological properties in porcine pulmonary microcirculation after preservation with University of Wisconsin (UW) and Euro-Collins (E-C) solutions. Ann Thoracic Surgery 2004; 77:1944-50. (PubMed)
- Zhang RZ, Yang Q, Yim APC, Huang Y and He GW. Different role of nitric oxide and endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor in endothelium-dependent hyperpolarization and relaxation in porcine coronary arterial and venous system. J Cardiovascular Pharmacology 2004; 43 (6): 839-850. (PubMed)
- Yang Q, Zhang RZ, Yim APC and He GW. Histidine-Tryptophan-Ketoglutarate solution maximally preserves endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor-mediated function during heart preservation: comparison with University of Wisconsin solution. J Heart and Lung Transplantation 2004; 23:352-9. (PubMed)
- Au LS, Kwok CC, Lee TC, Kwan YW, Lee MS, Zhang RZ, Ngai SM, Lee MY, He GW, and Fung KP. Activation of iberiotoxin-sensitive, Ca2+-activated K+ channels of porcine isolated left anterior descending coronary artery by diosgenin. Eur J Pharmacol 2004; 502(1-2):123-133.
- He GW, Ge ZD, Yim APC, Yang Q, Zhang RZ, Electrophysiologic and mechanical evidence of superiority of hyperpolarizing versus depolarizing cardioplegia in protection of endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor-mediated endothelial function: A study in coronary resistance arteries. J Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery. 2004; 127(6): 1773-80.
- Yang Q, Zhang RZ, Yim APC and He GW. Effect of 11, 12-Epoxyeicosatrienoic acid as an additive to St. Thomas’ Cardioplegia and University of Wisconsin solutions on endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor-mediated function in coronary microarteries: influence of temperature and time. Ann Thoracic Surgery 2003; 76: 1623-30.
- Au LS, Kwan YW, Kwok CC, Zhang RZ, and He GW. Mechanisms responsible for the in vitro relaxation of ligustrazine on porcine left anterior descending coronary artery. Eur J Pharmacology. 2003; 468:199-207
Rongzhen Zhang, PhD
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
(713) 500 - 5259
Pager: (713) 616-2337 pin No. 0500281
China Medical University, P. R. China, MD 1994, MM 1997
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PhD 2004
Interests & Activities
- Anatomic Pathology
- Applied Clinical Research
- Tissue Collection and Conservation
- Translational Research in Cardiovascular Biology
- Experimental Animal Research