Hochhauser, Leo, M.D.
- FILED AS:
- Faculty, Neuroradiology (Head, Neck & Spine)
- UPDATED ON:
- January 28th, 2014
- Clinical Associate Professor
- Preparatory School (Gynnasium)
Helmholtz Real gymnasium for Boys
Linguistic Branch, Frankfurt am Main
- Medical Degree
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University
Frankfurt am Main
- University Hospital of Frankfurt
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiology
University Hospital of Frankfurt
- Diagnostic Radiology
Wellesley Hospital - University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4Y 1J3
- Diagnostic Radiology
McMaster University Medical Center
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8N 3Z5
- Digital Angiography and Carotid Ultrasound
Hamilton General Hospital McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Pediatric Neuroradiology
Hospital for Sick Children
University of Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1986 – 1988
- Adult Neuroradiology
SUNY Health Science Center
Syracuse, New York
- American Board of Radiology: CAQ Neuroradiology
- American Board of Radiology: Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC): Diagnostic Radiology
Honors and Awards
- 2003-2004, 2004-2005
- Dean's Teaching Excellence Award
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School
Peer & Non-Peer Reviewed Journal
- Supsupin EP, Bonfante‐Mejia EE, Sitton CW, Vea RG, Parikh N, Cacayorin ED, Hochhauser L: Diffuse Excessive High Signal Intensity: Predicting Neurodevelopmental Outcome in the Preterm Population. Neurographics (ASNR on-line), Vol. 7 Issue 3.
- Supsupin EP, Bonfante‐Mejia EE, Sitton CW, Parikh N, Cacayorin ED, Hochhauser L. Cerebral MR Imaging Evaluation of Preterm Infants: Standardized Assessment and Predicting the Relationship of Common Imaging Abnormalities to Overall Neurodevelopmental Outcome. Neurographics (ASNR on‐line), Vol. 7 Issue 3.
- WanDQ, PearlmanML, Barron BJ, Supsupin EP, Hochhauser L: Radionuclide tagged blood cell patch to monitor spine coverage for spontaneous diffuse CSF leaks. J Ped Neuro ; 9(3).
- March 2012
- Supsupin, EP, Choi, JM, Bonfante‐Mejia, EE, Sitton, CW, Hochhauser, L: Bilateral Absence of the Common Carotid Arteries with Separate Origins of the Internal and External Carotid Arteries Detected by CT Angiography: Case Report. Neurographics, 2:1, pp. 44‐46(3).
- Dec 2013
- Parikh NA, He L, Bonfante‐Mejia E, Hochhauser L, Wilder PE, Burson K, Kaur S: Automatically Quantified Diffuse Excessive High Signal Intensity on MRI Predicts Cognitive Development in Preterm Infants. Pediatric Neurology ;49(6):424‐30. Epub 2013 Oct 15. PMID: 24138952
Book Chapters & Books
- Wasenko JJ, Hochhauser L. Central Nervous System Trauma. Haaga JR, Lanzieri CF, Sartoris DJ, Zerhouni EA, Eds. Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Whole Body, 5th edition, Mosby, Philadelphia, pp. 295-336.
- Supsupin E, Bonfante‐Mejia E, Choi J, Sitton C, Hochhauser L: Bilateral absence of the common carotid arteries with separate origins of the internal and external carotid arteries detected by CT angiography: case report. ASNR Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington.
- May 16 to May 22, 2009
- Supsupin EP, Aalbers B, Davis A, Bonfante‐Mejia EE, Loenig M, Sitton CW, Hochhauser L: Cerebral Neuroradiologist (ASNR), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.