Useful Resources and Links
The following is a list of family medicine and other textbooks:
- 1. Essential Family Medicine, Fundamentals and Cases, Rakel, RE, 2006.
2. Family Medicine, The National Medical Series, Q and A, Rudy, DR, Williams & Wilkins, 1999
3. Guide to Clinical Preventive Serices: Report of the U.S. Preventive Task Force, Williams & Wilkins,
1996, 2nd Edition. Updates now available online at www.Ahrq.gov/clinic/uspstfix.htm.
4. Family Medicine - Principles & Practice, David, AK, Taylor, RB (eds), Springer-Verlag, New York,
2002, 5th Edition.
5. Textbook of Family Medicine, Rakel, RD (ed). Elsevier, 2006, 7th Edition.
6. Pfenninger & Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care, Pfenniger, JL, Fowler, GC (eds); Elsevier,
2003, 2nd Edition.
Online Learning Resources
Family Medicine Organizations:
- American Academy of Family Physician (AAFP) - www.aafp.org
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians (TAFP) - www.tafp.org
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) - www.stfm.org
- Area Health Education Center (AHEC) - www.etxahec.org
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA) - www.amsa.org
- Texas Medical Association (TMA) - www.texmed.org
Make an appointment
To make an appointment with a physician, visit www.utphysicians.com.
Department of Family & Community Medicine
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
6431 Fannin, Suite JJL 324
Houston TX 77030