National Center for Cognitive Informatics and Decision Making in Healthcare
Strategic Health IT Advanced Research Projects Program (SHARP) from the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology: Grant #10510592 for Patient-Centered Cognitive Support
Total award $15 million
PI: Jiajie Zhang, Vimla Patel
Co-Investigators: Dean Sittig, Eric Thomas, Hardeep Singh, Allison McCoy
Center members Sittig and Thomas will lead one of the projects for this $15 million 4 year grant. They will develop methods to summarize clinical information in EHRs and present it to clinicians in ways that support routine clinical decisions. Center member Singh leads another project of this grant that focuses on electronic communication among caregivers.
- McCoy AB, Wright A, Laxmisan A, Singh H, Sittig DF. A Prototype Knowledge Base and SMART App to Facilitate Organization of Patient Medications by Clinical Problems. Accepted for AMIA Fall Symposium. 2011.
- Wright A, Feblowitz J, McCoy AB, Sittig DF. Comparative Analysis of the VA/Kaiser and NLM CORE Problem Subsets: An Empirical Study Based on Problem Frequency. Accepted for AMIA Fall Symposium. 2011.
- Feblowitz JC, Wright A, Singh H, Samal L, Sittig DF. Summarization of clinical information: A conceptual model. J Biomed Inform. [Epub] pubmed
- Sittig DF, Singh H. Legal, Ethical, and Financial Dilemmas in Electronic Health Record Adoption and Use. Pediatrics 2011; 127:e1042-e1047. pubmed
- Sittig DF, Wright A, Meltzer S, Simonaitis L, Evans RS, Nichol WP, Ash JS, Middleton B. Comparison of clinical knowledge management capabilities of commercially-available and leading internally-developed electronic health records. BMC Medical Informatics & Decision Making. 2011 Feb 17;11(1):13. pubmed