Parveen Athar, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Neurology
- Patient Appointments: 832-325-7080
- Assistant: 713-500-6784
- Fax: 713-500-0773
- E-mail: Parveen.Athar@uth.tmc.edu
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Society of Neuroimaging MRI/CT
Education and Training:
- M.D., University of Mississippi, Jackson, Mississippi
- Internal Medicine Intern, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi
- Neurology Residency, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi
- Neurophysiology Fellowship, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi
- Intraoperative Monitoring, University of Miami, Miami, Florida
- The base of Dr. Atharís clinical practice comes from her precise specialization in EMG techniques, as well as the diagnosis, treatment, and management of a broad spectrum of patients with neuromuscular disorders and nerve injuries.
- Dr. Atharís research interests include neuromuscular junction disorders, peripheral nerve disorders, traumatic nerve and plexus injury, and development of new measures in electrodiagnostic testing.