The Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery
Welcome to the Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Our mission, driven by extensive access to complex neurosurgical cases, is to provide the best neurosurgical care to the citizens of Houston, to lead the world in advancing the art and science of neurosurgery, and to produce the next generation of neurosurgical leaders. Our academic home is at the University of Texas Medical School. Our clinical activities are performed at the Mischer Neuroscience Institute at Memorial Hermann Hospital.
Our mission is to be the best locally, nationally, and internationally. To achieve this goal, we will focus on providing:
- The highest quality care and achieving the best outcomes
- The best service and achieving the highest patient and referring doctor satisfaction
- The innovatation and testing of new ideas
- The advancement of medicine and setting new standards of care
- Teaching of the next generation to be the best
Dong Kim, M.D.
Professor and Chair, Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery
Director, Mischer Neuroscience Institute, Memorial Hermann Hospital