Our grand rounds were designed with resident education as a goal and are held in the Executive Board Room of the Medical School Building, MSB G100, on Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. The grand rounds are divided into recurring topics (1 hour).
- First Thursday: Neuroradiology Conference
This is a combined neurosurgery and radiology conference, overseen by the chief of neuroradiology. The Chief resident designates a resident to select the cases to be discussed at the conference and the program director oversees the conference.
- Second Thursday: Neurosurgery/Neurology Conference
This is a combined neurosurgery and neurology conference. Issues of mutual interest to Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Neuro-ICU are discussed among the services. The conference also serves as an opportunity to discuss QA issues related to the topic under discussion.
- Third Thursday: Invited Speakers
These rounds will feature invited speakers locally and nationally.
- Fourth Thursday: Clinical and Research Faculty, Medical Student presentations
These rounds will feature a combination of lectures by clinical and research faculty. Medical students will also be scheduled to give a 15 minute presentation during their externship.
- Fifth Thursday: Professionalism and Systems-Based Practice
Invited talks from professionals and experts in law, hospital administration, human resources, and other allied fields. Topics will include: risk management, professionalisms in the workplace, ethics in neurosurgery, national regulatory bodies and laws, billing compliance, and insurance issues.
View a presentation from the list below
- Update on Chemotherapy Treatment of Glioblastoma Multiforme and Future Plan
- Deep Brain Stimulation for OCD: Current Status and Future Applications
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Thromboelastography And Other Methods To Evaluate Platelet Function
- TBI Research: Current State of Affairs
- Back to Basics: Management of CNS Infections
- Neurosurgery Anatomical Grand Rounds: Cranial Fossae
- Trigeminal Neuralgia and Friends
- Neurosurgery Anatomical Grand Rounds: Transsphenoidal Approach
- Pituitary Tumors
- Neuroanatomy with Imaging Correlates
- Aneurysm Clip vs. Coil
- Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformation
- The Medical Management of Cerebral Vasospasm
- Gliomas: The good, the bad, and the Ugly
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Cerebrovascular Anomalies
- Epilepsy — Timing of Surgery
- Impact of Decompressive Craniectomy on Functional Outcome After Severe Traumatic Brain Injury
- Peripheral Nerve
- Curriculum Conference — March 2009
- Curriculum Conference — May 2009
- Carotid Stenosis
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and stenting for carotid artery stenosis (Review)
- Anatomy Review
- Neurosurgery Case Reviews: Multidisciplinary section
- Curriculum Conference — September 2009
- 2010 Federal Healthcare Reform law
- ANS 5—Structure of autonomic ganglia; ANS 6—Central Autonomic Pathways
- Central Pontine Myelinolysis
- Session 17, Neurology 71, PNS 12
- Neurosurgery Grand Rounds: October 2010