Residency Program Information
- Conference Schedule (revised Aug. 7, 2012)
- Neurosurgery Department Service Policies
- Resident Eligibility and Selection Process
- Resident Yearly Goals and Competencies
- UT Neurosurgery Resident Core Medical Knowledge Curriculum
- UTHealth Neurosurgery Resident Rotation Schedule
Application to The University of Texas Medical School at Houston Vivian L. Smith Neurosurgery Residency Program is done strictly through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) using the National Residency Match Program (NRMP).
Our interview process consists of two, half-day segments. The first day begins at 12:30 p.m. with a casual lunch and an overview of the department and residency program by Dong Kim, M.D., Chair, and Arthur L. Day, M.D., Program Director. The afternoon will continue with a tour of our facilities and the campus. Interviews with the faculty will begin shortly after. That evening you will have the opportunity to casually interact with our current residents during dinner at a local restaurant.
The second day will begin at 7:00 a.m., and you will have the opportunity to attend our regularly scheduled morning conference. Interviews with the faculty will continue shortly after the conclusion of morning conference and will conclude by 11:30 a.m. Lunch will be provided afterwards from 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. You are encouraged to attend lunch, but we understand that you may have to leave following interviews because of travel obligations. Therefore, attendance at lunch is not mandatory.
Our 2012–2013 interview dates
- Monday and Tuesday, November 12–13, 2012
- Monday and Tuesday, December 10–11, 2012
Please note that interview sessions begin at 12:30 p.m. on the first day and will end by 12:30 p.m. on the second day.