Joseph C. Hsieh, M.D.
Assistant Professor, The Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Degree:
Stanford University, Stanford, California
- Graduate Degree:
The Anderson School of Management/School of Public Health at UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- Medical Degree:
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois
- Fellowship in Spine:
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- Hsieh JC. The Omnibus Act, Recovery Act, and Proposed 2010 Budget: Impact on Neurosurgery. Report, Washington Office of the AANS/CNS. June 2009.
- Hsieh JC. Alternative dispute resolution in medicine. White Paper, Office of Mark Kirk. 30 April 2009.
- Hsieh JC. Current trends in U.S. physician residencies. Consultant report, Taiwan Neurosurgical Society. January 2009.
- Hsieh JC, Penn RD. Infusion therapy for movement disorders. In: Krames E, Peckham PH, Rezai A. eds. Neuromodulation. Elsevier, 2009.
- Hsieh JC, Penn RD. Intrathecal baclofen in the treatment of adult spasticity. Neurosurg Focus. 2006 Aug 15;21(2):e5.
- Hsieh JC, Lesniak MS. Surgical management of high-grade gliomas. Expert Rev Neurother. 2005 Nov;5(6 Suppl):S33-9.
- Hsieh JC. Current trends in employer-sponsored health insurance. Anderson Forecast, 2002 June: 3.1-3.15.
- Davis RE et al. In situ staining for poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase activity using an NAD analogue. J Histochem Cytochem 1998 Nov;46(11):1279-89.
- McLaughlin J et al. Sparing of neuronal function postseizure with gene therapy. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2000 Nov 7;97(23):12804-9.
- Poldrack RA et al. Striatal activation associated with visual skill learning and repetition priming examined using fMRI. Society for Neuroscience Abstracts, 1998, 24: 408.5.