Gunjan Silky Patel, M.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor , The Vivian L. Smith Department of Neurosurgery
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Degree:
Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Medical Degree:
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas
- Residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation:
Loyola University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Fellowship in Pain Management:
Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California
- Rangonese, John, Steve Gnatz, and G.S. Sharma. Treatment of Cervical Radiculopathy: A Randomized Trial Comparing Manual Physical Therapy to Therapeutic Exercises, to a Combination of Therapies. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, April 2010; 89 (4)
- Sharma, Gunjan, and Lawrence Frank. Episodic Multilevel Large Disc Herniations with Spontaneous Anatomic and Symptomatic Resolution. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, March 2009; 88 (3): S15.
- Gnatz, Steve, and Sharma, Gunjan. Ulnar Neuropathy. In: Micheo W, ed. Common Problems in Rehabilitation Medicine: Musculoskeletal, Sports, and Occupational Medicine. New York, NY: Demos Publishing. (accepted January 2009)
- Srivastava, Sanjay, Bharat Dixit, Jian Cai, G.S. Sharma, et al. Metabolism of Lipid Peroxidation Product, 4- Hydroxynonenal (HNE) in Rat Erythrocytes: Role of Aldose Reductase. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2000; 29: 642-651.
Manuscripts in preparation
- Cote, Christina, G.S. Sharma, Ying Guo. Opioid Use and Functional Outcomes of Cancer Patients Following an Internal versus External Hemipelvectomy.
- Sharma, G.S., T. Midoro-Horiuti, J.H. van Bavel, and R.M. Goldblum. Oral Allergy Syndrome to Tomato, Banana, and Apple; Mountain Cedar Pollinosis.