The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston is dedicated to improving the health and welfare of all infants, children, and adolescents.
Lynnette J. Mazur, MD, MPH, FAAP
BS, Zoology: The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
MD: The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Wayne State University Medical School, Detroit, Michigan
MPH: The University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, Texas
MPH - International Health
Internship, Internal Medicine: Northwest Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
Internship & Residency, Pediatrics: Case Western Reserve University, Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, 44106
Fellowship, Ambulatory Pediatrics: Baylor College of Medicine Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, Texas
American Board of Pediatrics, 1988. Permanent Certificate #37240
Clinical and Research Interests:
1. Asthma and Environmental Health
2. Quality Improvement
3. Spina Bifida and Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Mazur, L.J., Jones, T.Mc., and Kozinetz, C.A.: Temperature response to acetaminophen and risk of occult bacteremia: A case-control study. J Pediatr., 115:888-891, 1989.
- Mazur, L.J., Kline, M.W., and Lorin, MI.: Extreme leukocytosis in patients presenting to a pediatric emergency department. Ped Emerg Care 4:215-218, 1991.
- Lugo-Miro, V.I., Green M., and Mazur L.J.: Comparison of different metronidazole therapeutic regimens for bacterial vaginosis: A meta-analysis. JAMA 268:92-95, 1992.
- Mazur, L.J., Yetman, R.J., and Risser, W.L.: Weight training injuries: An overview of common injuries and preventive methods. Sports Med., 16:57-63, 1992.
- Mazur, L.J., and Kozinetz, C.A.: Diagnostic tests for occult bacteremia: Temperature response to acetaminophen vs. WBC count. Am J Emerg Med., 12:403-406, 1994.
- Mazur, L.J., and Hess, S.L.: Anomalous origin of the left coronary artery. Am J Emerg Med., 13:607-608, 1995.
- Risser, A.L., and Mazur, L.J.: Use of folk remedies in a Hispanic population. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med., 149:978-981, 1995.
- Mazur, L.J., Rosas, A.L.: Cholesterol screening in obese Hispanic children. Ambulatory Child Health, 1:105-111, 1995.
- Mazur, L.J., Moyer, V.A., Lally, P.A., and Chan, W.: Evaluation of a lead-screening program in Houston, Texas. Tex Med. 92:54-57, 1996.
- Mazur, L.J., Miller, J., Fox, L., and Howland, R.: Variation in the process of pediatric asthma care. J Healthcare Quality, 18:11-17, 1996.
- Freeman, L., and Mazur, L.J.: The use of verapamil in a child with persistent antral spasms. South Med J. 89:529-530, 1996.
- Miller, J., Sater, K., and Mazur, L.J.: Impact of a clinical pathway in the care of febrile infants. Ambulatory Child Health 2:123-127, 1996.
- Mazur, L.J., Yetman, R.J., and Chan, W.: Temperature comparisons with four thermometer types. Ambulatory Child Health 3:21-26, 1997.
- Hardin, D.S., Hebert, J.D., Bayden, T., Dehart, M., and Mazur, L.J.: Treatment of childhood syndrome X. Pediatrics, 100:e5, 1997.
- Mazur, L.J., de Ybarrondo, L., and Miller, J.: A guide to the pediatric patient with "difficult" asthma. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 13:284-287, 1999
- deYbarrondo, L., and Mazur, L.J.: Sandifer syndrome. South Med J. 93:1019-1021, 2000.
- Rudolph, C., Mazur, L.J., Liptak, G., Baker, R.D., Boyle, J.T., Werlin, S., Gerson, W., and Colletti, R.: Guidelines for evaluation and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux in infants and children: Recommendations of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 32:S1-S31, 2001.
- Mazur, L.J., de Ybarrondo L, and Miller J.: Use of Complementary therapies for pediatric asthma. Tex Med. 97:64-68, 2001.
- Varughese L. A., and Mazur, L.J.: Is omeprazole helpful in the management of children with reflux esophagitis? Archives Dis Child. 87(1);78-80, 2002.
- Mazur, L.J. Pediatric Environmental Health. Current Problems in Pediatric and Adolescent Health Care. 2002;33:3-25.
- Heresi G, Butler I, Mazur LJ. Poliomyelitis-like syndrome in a child with West Nile Virus infection. Pediatr Infec Dis J. 2004; In press.
Location & Contact
6431 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas 77030
- Lynette J. Mazur, MD, MPH, FAAP
- Department of Pediatrics
Division of Community and General Pediatrics
- University of Texas-Houston Medical School
6431 Fannin Street, MSB 3.138
Houston, Texas 77030
- phone: (713) 500-5666
e-mail: Lynnette.J.Mazur@ uth.tmc.edu