The Memorial Hermann Hospital/UTHealth solid organ transplant program has been providing world-class care to patients with end-stage organ disease since 1977. Since the inception of the program over 3,000 transplants have been performed, including the first liver transplant in Houston in 1985. Additionally, our program is nationally recognized as a leader in immunosupression research, pioneering the clinical use of the medications cyclosporine and rapamycin.
In 2011 a new era in transplantation at Memorial Hermann Hospital/UTHealth began under the directorship of J. Steve Bynon, M.D., a nationally-recognized leader in abdominal organ transplantation. We are a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary transplant program offering kidney, kidney/pancreas, pancreas, and liver transplantation for adult and pediatric patients. We are proud to offer a professional and experienced team of physicians and support staff committed to providing compassionate care throughout the transplantation process.
Our mission statement is “Caring, Healing, Teaching, and Discovery in Everything we Do.”
Our values are:
- Professionalism: in how we conduct ourselves and our business;
- Respect: for our patients and their families;
- Integrity: always doing the right thing;
- Diversity: understanding and embracing the diverse beliefs of our patients, employees, and community;
- Excellence: in every thing we do