Mark J. Hobeika, M.D. email
Assistant Professor, Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation
|Executive Assistant||Sherry Gibson|
Dr. Hobeika comes to UTHealth from the University of California, San Francisco where he had extensive training in adult and pediatric organ transplantation. Dr. Hobeika also specializes in laparoscopic donor nephrectomy for living donor kidney transplantation. His primary interests include organ donation and medical student/resident education.
- Liver Transplantation
- Kidney Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy
- Dialysis Access Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- General Surgery
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Cum Laude
Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Doctor of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia
- Residency and Chief Residency, General Surgery
New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York
- Fellowship, Transplantation Surgery
University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California
- American Board of Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Association for Academic Surgery
- International Liver Transplantation Society
Awards and Honors
- Resident Teacher of the Year, NYU School of Medicine, 2004, 2005
- Organ donation
- Hobeika MJ, Thompson RW, Muhs BE, Brooks PC, Gagne PJ. Matrix metalloproteinases in peripheral vascular disease. J Vasc Surg 2007; 45(4):849-857.
- Hobeika MJ, Edlin RS, Muhs BE, Sadek M, Gagne PJ. Matrix metalloproteinases in critical limb ischemia. J Surg Res 2008; 149(1):148-54.
- Hobeika MJ, Simon R, Malik R, Pachter HL, Frangos S, Bholat O, Teperman S, Teperman L. U.S. surgeon and medical student attitudes towards organ donation. J Trauma 2009; 67(2):372-5.