- John S. Dunn, Sr. Gulf Coast Consortium for Magnetic Resonance 2011 Conference
December 9, 2011.
Speakers: Zahi Fayad, Ph.D., The Mount Sinai Medical Center; Christian Hilty, Ph.D., Texas A&M University; Ponnada Narayana, Ph.D., UT Health Science Center at Houston; Ed Nikonowicz, Ph.D., Rice University. Registration and Poster Submission deadline is December 5.
- Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting
November 12-16, 2011 in Washington D.C. For information on dates and deadlines, click here.
- Introduction to Stereology for Neuroscientists
November 10-11, 2011, The Westin Washington D.C. City Center
Held immediately prior to the SFN Annual Meeting. For more information, visit www.neurostereology.info
- Center for NeuroEngineering Symposium
September 16, 2011. This one-day symposium will feature a keynote talk by Daryl Kipke, Director, Center for Neural Communication Technology, University of Michigan, and talks by participating faculty. The symposium will be held in the BioScience Research Collaborative, Main Street at University, and is supported by an event grant from the 2010 John S. Dunn Foundation Collaborative Research Award Program.
- Gulf Coast Consortium for Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience 8th Annual Houston Conference on Theoretical Neurosience February 5, 2011, Sid Richardson College, Rice University, Houston, TX
- ARVO 2011: Visionary Genomics Conference May 1-5, 2011, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Richard Axel, M.D. – Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Ernst Knobil Distinguished Lecture, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
"Scents and Sensibility: Internal Representations of the Olfactory World"
November 9, 2011, 4:00pm, Medical School Building room 3.001
- Mortimer Mishkin, Ph.D. – National Institutes of Health
Dean’s Lecture Series, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston “Speech and Auditory Memory: How Deep Is Their Connection” February 23, 2011
- Roger N. Rosenberg, M.D. – UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas "DNA Aß42 Vaccine Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease" April 8, 2010
- Masao Ito, M.D., Ph.D. – RIKEN Brain Science Institute
January 29, 2009
- John C. Mazziotta, M.D., Ph.D. – University of California, Los Angeles October 11, 2007