RESOURCES FOR PRACTITIONERS & ADMINISTRATORS
Note—This list is for informational purposes only. No official endorsement of any practice, publication, program, or individual by the TECPDS is intended or is to be inferred. Additionally, to determine whether these professional development opportunities will meet licensing standards, please contact your local DFPS Child Care Licensing Representative. We try our best to keep this information current, but dates and web page addresses change frequently, so the information contained in this list may have already changed.
Quick Links through our Resources
Texas ECE/CD Degree Programs
Online ECE/CD Degree Programs
Online Training Opportunities
- Flyer - Interested in Training and Don't Know Where to Look?
- To access a searchable database of all Texas degree programs, click here.
- For a complete list of Texas Early Childhood and Child Development Programs, click here.
- For a complete list of Texas Higher Education Institions offering e-CIRCLE-based classes, click here.
- For a complete list of National Accreditation Organizations for Early Childhood Programs, click here.
- For a complete list of online Early Childhood and Child Development programs, click here (resource developed by the Center for the Child Care Workforce, a Project of the American Federation of Teachers Educational Foundation).
- Ashford University: Offering online Associate's, Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Child Development and Early Childhood Education. For more information, please visit their website or click here to view their informational flyer.
- St. Phillip's College: Offering an online Associate's degree in Early Childhood Studies. For more information, please click here to visit their website.
- The University of North Dakota: Offering an online Master of Science in Early Childhood Education. For more information, visit their website or view their informational flyer.
- The University of Cincinnati: Online options include: Associate's degree in Early Childhood Care and Education; Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood, with a specialization in Children Ages 0-5; Individual courses or groups of courses to meet your professional development needs. Click here for more information.
- Western Kentucky University: Online options include: Associate of Arts in Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education and Bachelor of Arts in Family & Consumer Sciences (Child Studies Concentration) For more information, click here to visit their website.
- Rasmussen College: Online options
include:Associate's in Early Childhood Education.
For more information, click here to visit their website.
- AgriLife Extension Child Care Courses: Texas A & M AgriLIFE Extension, offers FREE online courses for child care professionals seeking to fulfill state-mandated training requirements or obtain hours toward the Child Development Associate (CDA) National Credential. For more information or to access their courses, click here to visit their website.
- Camp Fire USA Online Training: Earn your early childhood training hours in your pajamas or sitting by the pool. Modules are self paced so you can complete them at your convenience. Each module is 1.5 clock hours. To register or learn more about these online training opportunities, click here to visit their website.
- Child Care Education Institute (CCEI): CCEI offers over 100 English and Spanish online professional development courses that cover topics pertinent to the child care industry. For more information or to access their courses, click here to visit their website.
- Child Care Lounge: Child Care Lounge offers individual and packaged online classes you can participate in when you need it, without leaving the comfort of your own home. You can enroll for a class whenever you wish and complete it at your own pace. For more information or to access their courses, click here to visit their website.
- ChildCareTraining.org: ChildCareTraining.org offers an array of online early childhood courses that can be completed anytime, anywhere with guaranteed grading in three business days. For more information or to access their courses, click here to visit their website.
- Collaborative for Children: Collaborative for Children, in partnership with the Texas Agrilife Extension Service, an educational agency of the Texas A&M System, is now offering quality online trainings for child care professionals. These online courses are self-paced early childhood courses that can help you and your staff meet state training requirements. Our courses are convenient to access and provide you the flexibility of choosing your own training hours. For more information about these training modules, click here to visit their website.
- Elite Educational Enterprises: Elite Educational Enterprises offers a wide range of online trainings tailor-made for Texas Practitioners and Administrators. They offer online trainings that are affordable and convenient, starting as low as $5.00. You can start your training at any time and print your certificate when you are complete. All online instructors are listed on the Texas Trainer Registry. For more information about these trainings, click here to visit their website.
- Texas Expanding Opportunities: Texas Expanding Opportunities represents a team of diverse state leaders who's vision is for all Texas children, birth through 5 and their families, to have opportunities to be included in high quality inclusive early care and education. This group has compiled a list of online training opportunities that support inclusive early care and education. Please click here to access the list of training opportunities. For more information about Texas Expanding Opportunities, please click here to view their brochure.
- Texas Pre-K Guidelines Online Orientation : Through video of classroom interactions and examples of instructional strategies and activity ideas, this presentation will help you better understand how to use the 2008 Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines to enhance the learning outcomes of your students. Please click here to view the free online presentation.
- Stay tuned for upcoming opportunities!
Last Updated on March 25 , 2013 by Katie Chennisi