The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston is dedicated to improving the health and welfare of all patients.
- We are committed to improving our specialty through evidence based medicine, to innovative research, and to clinical excellence.
- We value honesty, integrity, and loyalty highly, and are committed to incorporating these values into our practice and educational standards.
- We choose the role of health care leaders and are committed to educating future physicians.
- We are committed to our department, to each other, to our patients, and to our community through our roles as clinicians, teachers, researchers, and ambassadors of emergency medicine.
- We are patient and family advocates.
- We will provide emergency medical care to relieve suffering and promote health for all patients who enter our doors.
- We honor our patient’s right to privacy, their right to understand their treatment options, and their right to the safest, best care possible.
- Our community includes patients, families, consultants, health care providers, community and business leaders, hospital systems, and all aspects of the health care system.
- We pledge to work with our scientific and clinical community to promote the ideals and values of our mission, to promote stewardship, and to foster relationships to serve the needs of our growing population.
- We are committed to local, state, national, and international representation of our department, our mission, and our specialty.
- We are committed to our community and pledge to represent our department as an exemplary model for the delivery of emergency health care.
Location & Contact
1133 John Freeman Blvd,
JJL 4TH Floor
Houston, Texas 77030