About UT Health Services
The mission of The University of Texas Health Services – Houston (UTHS) is to provide comprehensive, efficient, individualized, and service-oriented quality health care to The University of Texas employees, students, families, and retirees, as well as the general community, while providing educational and research opportunities for University faculty and students.
Objectives and Achievements:
- 1. To serve individual and group occupational and primary care needs.
- 2. To provide educational opportunities for students.
- 3. To promote clinical research focused on best primary care practices.
Services provided include comprehensive primary care across the life span, occupational medicine, health education, travel medicine, laboratory services, and all necessary referrals.
UTHS is the provider for:
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Employees
- City of Houston and State of Texas Employees
- Students at Texas Woman's University and the University of St. Thomas
- Private patients in need of primary care
Research and Education
Providers participate in the education of undergraduate, graduate, and residents throughout The University of Texas Health Science Center. Each provider is encouraged to participate in research activities on an ongoing basis. UTHS is affiliated with several national and international organizations participating in healthcare research.
UTHS continues to implement and upgrade its Practice Partner electronic medical record software, maintaining cutting-edge status by having all of the clinic's functions, including patient medical records, appointment scheduling and billing completely online. As a result of our computerized database we participate in multiple ongoing research studies..