Occupational Health Services
UT Health Services meets the occupational health care needs of several Houston-area employers, universities and state agencies.
- Travel medicine services
- Pre-placement and periodic (OSHA-mandated) physical exams
- Hearing conservation programs
- Limited-duty and return-to-work physicals
- Drug screening and medical review officer services
- Audiometry screening, vision screening, and state-of-the-art pulmonary function testing
- On-site influenza immunization campaigns
- Medical, industrial hygiene and occupational health nursing consultants
- Treatment of work-related illness and injury
- Asbestos surveillance programs
- Infection control programs
- Radiology and lab services
TB Screening and Surveillance
The University of Texas Health Services manages the Tuberculosis Screening and Surveillance Program for the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. The program, instituted in February 1996, is charged with helping to ensure that high-risk employees of the university are screened annually for tuberculosis exposure. The program also stresses patient education and inter-agency cooperation to control tuberculosis.
If you are an employee of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, you are entitled to free annual screening for tuberculosis. Screening takes place within various areas of the health science center, or may be performed at the UT Health Services clinic. Call (713) 500-3267 for more information about the TB Screening and Surveillance Program..
We are a member in good standing with The Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics, a hallmark achieved by only a handful of clinics in the nation. We are associated with the Southwest Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, a component of The University of Texas School of Public Health at Houston.
Our team of nurse practitioners and physicians specializing in occupational health collaborate to provide quality care at an affordable price. If you have questions about Occupational Health Services or have other needs not listed, please call us at (713) 500-3267.