Primary Care Services
- Periodic health exams based on the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force guidelines for screening
- Yearly well-woman exams (pap smears, mammograms, bone density studies, etc.)
- Yearly well-man exams
- School physicals, sport physicals
- Health education related to chronic diseases, healthy lifestyles, stress management in the workplace and smoking cessation
- Cholesterol, diabetes, hypertensive and cardiovascular disease risk assessment
- Travel medicine
- Alcohol abuse awareness
- Acute and chronic illness care for ages 2 and above
- Injury care
- Laboratory services
- Radiology services
- Counseling on risk modification for chronic diseases
UT Health Services now has its first foot clinic with Board Certified podiatrist, David S. Wolf, DPM who brings 30+ years of experience. Conditions that Dr. Wolf treats are heel pain, toenail problems like ingrown toenails and fungus, bunions, warts, children’s intoeing and flat feet, diabetic related foot problems, and sports medicine related injuries. This is the first foot clinic in the entire UT System..
UTHS providers will facilitate prescriptions with the pharmacy of your choice. Through our electronic health record system prescriptions can be transferred directly to the pharmacy, thus eliminating unnecessary paper work. Refill requests are communicated to the pharmacy on the same day of your request unless there are extenuating circumstances..
If you selected UT Health Services as your PCP:
Please keep in mind that as your PCP, it is our responsibility to help manage your care. That includes providing authorizations to specialists and emergency department personnel for treatment in the event that you require services from either of these sources.
If you have occasion to use an emergency department please notify us at (713) 500-3267 as soon as possible so we can help facilitate your care.
If you require the services of a health care specialist, please let us know. In some cases, patients under managed care plans must see their PCP for a referral before they see a specialist physician. If a patient does not obtain a referral prior to seeing the specialist, (s)he may be responsible for some or all of the expense of the visit. We want to ensure that you are able to use your managed care plan as efficiently as possible. Please help us help you. For more information please call (713) 500-3267.