Min Ling, Ph.D., M.D., M.Sc. email
Associate Professor, Director of Histocompatibility and Immune Evaluation Laboratories, Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation
|Executive Assistant||Fran Howard|
Dr. Ling comes to UTHealth from the Montefiore Einstein Center for Transplantation in the Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein Medical School in New York, where he was the director of the Transplant Immunology Laboratory. He has extensive experience in histocompatibility of solid organ and bone marrow transplantation, disease association, and transfusion supports. His primary interests are histocompatibility of highly sensitized patients with solid organ transplant and immunological regulation of complement system.
- Histocompatibility of solid organ transplantation
- Histocompatibility of stem cell transplantation
- Histocompatibility of disease association
- Histocompatibility of transfusion support
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine
Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
- Master of Science (Molecular Immunology)
Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
- Doctor of Philosophy (Molecular Oncology and Immunology)
University of Wales, College of Medicine, Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Lab Director in training (Histocompatibility)
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
Board and other Certifications
- Diplomate of American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics
- ECFMG Certificate
- ASHI Certified HLA Laboratory Director
- New York state Certified HLA Laboratory Director
- ASHI Certified HLA Laboratory Inspector
- CAP Histocompatibility Laboratory Inspector
- American Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI)
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Texas Transplantation Society
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding ASHI Inspector, 2011, 2012
- Herbal or traditional medicine on highly sensitized patients with solid organ transplant
- Ling M and Jiang WJ: The components of ephedra sinica can inhibit complement activities. Chinese J. Biochem 5(3): 297, 1989.
- Ling M, Xu YH, Tao BG, Xue SZ: Study of the polymorphism of N-acetylatransferase and gene frequency within Nanjing population of China. J. Genetics and Disease 8(2): 113, 1991.
- Qian, Y., and Ling, M., Experimental and clinical study of using cobra factor to treat patients with thromboagaitis. J. Jiangsu Medicine. (10):563, 1991.
- Lian, LB., Ling, M., et al. Study of the plasma parqaoxonase polymorphism in Chinese population. Modern Preventive Medicine. 19(3):171, 1992.
- Tao, BG., Ling, M., et al. Study of the polymorphism of N-acetylatransferrase and gene frequency in Chinese QIEDONG's cancers. J. Jiangsu Occupational Health (4):9, 1992.
- Ling M, Liao LB, Xu YH, et al: The water-soluble component of salvia miltiorriza bge can promote macrophage synthesizing C4 in vivo and in vitro. Exp. Clin. Immunogenet. 10:45-49, 1993.
- Ling M, Yue-Jin Wen, et al Study of the N-acetyltransferase polymorphism among primary liver cancer patients. Carcinogenesis, Teratogensis and Mutagenesis (in Chinese) 6(6):1-3, 1994
- Ling M, Piddlesden SJ, Morgan, BP: A component of the medicinal herb ephedra blocks activation in the classical and alternative pathways of complement. Clinic. Exp. Immunol. 102:582-588, 1995.
- Wen, YJ, Ling, M and Lim, SH Immunogenicity and cross-reactivity with idiotypic IgA of VH CDR3 peptide in multiple myeloma. Br. J. Haematology. 100, 464-468, 1998.
- Ling M, Wen Y-J and Lim SH: Prevalence of antibodies against protein derived from leukemia cells in-patients with chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood 92(12): 4764-4770, 1998.
- Wen YJ, Ling M, Bailey-Wood R, Lim SH: Idiotypic protein-pulsed adherent peripheral blood mononuclear cell-derived dendritic cells prime immune system in multiple myeloma. Clinical Cancer Research. Vol 4, 957-62, 1998.
- Lim SH, Wen YJ, Ling M: Malignancy: Idiotypic Immune Targeting of Multiple Myeloma. Hematol 2000; 4(6):471-477.
- Rogers SA, Bowen DJ, Ling M, Thomson P, Wang Z, Lim SH. Identification and characterization of a novel gene encoding a SEREX antigen in chronic myeloid leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2002; 119(1): 112-4.
- Kwaku Marfo, Amy Lu, Min Ling and Enver Akalin. Desensitization Protocols and Their Outcome. Clinical Journal of The American Society of Nephrology 2011. 6(4): 922-936.
- Marfo K, Ling M, Bao Y, Calder B, Ye B, Greenstein S, Chapochnick-Friedman J, Glicklich D, de Boccardo G, Kinkhabwala M, and Akalin E Lack of Effect in Desensitization with Intravenous Immunoglobulin and Rituximab in Highly Sensitized Patients. Transplantation. 2012, 94(4): 345-51.
- Min Ling, Kwaku Marfo, Peter Masiakos, Aws Ibrahim, Joel Lindower, Daniel Glicklich, Graciela de Boccardo, Stuart Greenstein, Javier Chapochnick-Friedmann, Liise Kayler, Milan Kinkhabwala, and Enver Akalin. The prevalence and significance of pretransplant anti-HLA Cw and anti-HLA DP antibodies in sensitized patients. Human Immunology (2012), 73: 879-883.
- Hayde N, Bao Y, Pullman J, Ye B, Calder BR, Chung M, Schwartz D, Alansari A, Glicklick D, de Boccardo G, Ling M, and Akalin E The Clinical and Molecular Significance of C4d Staining patterns in Renal Allografts. America Journal of Transplantation (2012), accepted.